Vray lights and Sun/Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray lights and Sun/Sky

I do 90% external arch viz so internals are something I'm trying to learn. I've set an internal scene lit only with the vray sun/sky and am using the physical camera - so far so good.

Most of the tutorials I've seen use vray plane lights at the openings, but if I do this my scene gets darker even with invisible ticked. Is this right? Do I need them at all with the sun/sky system?

Am I missing something fundamental - like the sun sky system making this method obsolete. Ant help would be much appreciated.

That sounds vaguly familiar - I was doing an internal image a while back and wanted to put some vray plane lights (invisible) beneath the ceiling to brighten the underside of the ceiling. I seem to recall the vray lights created some kind of shadow from the rest of the GI. I can't recall how I sorted it...let me think...
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

I think our internal guys still use vray lights outside windows to add to the overall solution, even with the sun/sky/physcam setup. Dont forget though with physcam you'll need to whack up the vraylight multiplier a lot to get anything out of it. Also, if they're outside windows pointed in you'll need afect shadows checked on on your glass mat. Sure you know all this though im just picking my brains.
      Also, shadows on ceilings from vray lights are commonly due to vraydirt being on the ceiling material.
      Hope some of that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonferimonic View Post
        I think our internal guys still use vray lights outside windows to add to the overall solution, even with the sun/sky/physcam setup. Dont forget though with physcam you'll need to whack up the vraylight multiplier a lot to get anything out of it. Also, if they're outside windows pointed in you'll need afect shadows checked on on your glass mat. Sure you know all this though im just picking my brains.
        Also, shadows on ceilings from vray lights are commonly due to vraydirt being on the ceiling material.
        Hope some of that helps.
        If you're using the physcam, do you need to whack up the multiplier ? I thought it was just a case of adjusting the iso, f-stop and shutter speed !?
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
          If you're using the physcam, do you need to whack up the multiplier ? I thought it was just a case of adjusting the iso, f-stop and shutter speed !?
          nope. the original vraylight, with its default multiplier was created before the physcam. Its not bright enough by default.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thanks gents,

Hope to have something to post soon for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman View Post
              nope. the original vraylight, with its default multiplier was created before the physcam. Its not bright enough by default.
              Eggsactly.

Comment

Working...
              X