32 bit and 64bit rendering different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 bit and 64bit rendering different

I'm rendering an open fridge. In order to be bright enough I had to change the inside liner to Receive 1.325 GI.

I submitted it to the farm and wanted to test out timing between 32bit and 64bit. It's rendering Way brighter on the 64bit machine though. It's the exact same machine other than one being 64bit and one being 32bit.

Any ideas?

Perhaps the gamma isn't being loaded correctly on the 64-bit machine? There is that dumb check box in gamma preferences that is "load state" that loads the correct gamma if the user says yes, could that have anything to do with it?
    Colin Senner

Comment

hmm, that might. i'll make sure and uncheck the gamma settings, since I'm not using them on that job by my checkbox is on and so is loadstate.

I'll wait for this one to finish first though. Right now I've only got x64 on one machine.

good call on that. If it's not it it'll at least be a good idea to explore. I'll get back with the results later today. It's a 5k square render with lots of stainless so it'll take a while.

Comment

Working...
      X