Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC calculation crash

hello all

I get some problems when rendering images at high resolutions.
    I often place panoramas for reflections ONLY around my objects. they are exluded from GI, shadows, direct light etc. but they are self illuminated (standard mat) and have a outputmap applied. often they have an alpha channel to cut out the sky on the photo.
    now when rendering at low resolution everything works fine, but when switching to high resolution (4K) the LC calc takes 200h!!! I think it's because the panoramas, by hiding them it's rendering faster. It could also be the map filtering. when switching to none, it's rendering faster, too.

does vray takes the calculation of the panorames into account for the LC prepass? they are only for reflections and don't generate GI at all. I don't know what else in the scene could slow down the prepasses so much. I have only a vray sun and sky as lights and a simple model of a house... I work with a vray cam and for high resolution all prepasses are not shown (LC and IR)

best regards
    themaxxer
    Last edited by themaxxer; 24-06-2008, 12:11 AM.
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

What if you use a VrayLightMtl with your map in there? Or blend it with a VrayMtl with your map?

Comment

We often get LC slowdown if there are and Global Architectural materials in there (applied to everything by default when file linking from Autocad). If you have this material, just change it to a vraymat.

Often, the time estimates for LC calculation are not linear, i.e. initially it predicts hundreds of hours, but if you leave it 5 minutes or so, it suddenly whips through the rest of the calculation.

Not sure if this helps.
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Working...
      X