Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Struggling to get DR to work.

Hi,

Don't think this is a VRay problem, but hope somebody here has some suggestions/answers for me.

I noticed that, on the machine which does not want to Spawner running, it also don't want to open the Backburner dialog. Onthis machine while Backburner Server and Manager is running, then selecting Net Render and then click render, a brief switch from Max to my desktop is all which happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Max, Backburner and VRay, but still the same.

Hope it can be resolved.

No replies?
    Does this mean a clean install of my whole system?

Comment

Which operating system are you using? Are you able to render through the command line on that machine (using the 3dsmaxcmd command)?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hallo Vlado,

I am running XP Pro 32bit with SP3 installed.

I need some more help with regards the command line question, have never used it.

Do i go to Start - Run and the type command line there?
        When the Windows command line window opens, do I simply type 3dsmaxcmd command, or is there more to it than that?
        Does Max need to be running and must I change the directory?

If it simply mean typing 3dsmaxcmd next to the C prompt, then I have a problem on that system, it's not recongnized by the system.

Thanks
        Geo

Comment

Anybody else knowing is also welcome to reply

Comment

I would start by installing a fresh max and vray .. what version of max are you using ?
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hi Natty

I have done that twice already. (personally I think something stayed behind in the registery from the previosu BAckBurner installation - but then I am no software expert)

I am running Max 2009

Comment

long shot - you don't have max/spawner running as a service as well as just running in the normal fashion do you?
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket
                ----------------------------------->
                http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Yes there will be files left behind, i had the same problem ... just unistal, find the instal folder and delete it .. then try again ..
                  Natty
                  http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

try switching off you firewall and see if that works.
                    (uninstalling max does not uninstall backburner, you have to uninstall backburner separetly)
                    Kind Regards,
                    Morne

Comment

Working...
                    X