Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely large IRmaps in Multifram Incremental Mode

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a scene, Max 2008 64 bit + VR 1.5 sp2, I'm trying to render an animation using the multiframe incremental mode but the resulting map is suspiciously large - for a 480 frame animation calc'd every 24 frames at -4, -1 with 20 subdivs and 0.4, 0.3 and 0.1 thresholds, i get an irradiance map that is over 200MBs in size! This never happened to me before (up to now we were using 1.5 RC5). Secondary bounces is set to Lightcache in flythrough mode with 1000 subdivs. The size of the Lightcache is more normal at 15MB.

Any ideas? I have to deliver this in two days time and am worried about this because the scene is bordering the 4GBs of RAM I have on our rendering machines...

Best regards,

Jorge Schwarzhaupt
    Productora Voxel 3D Ltda.

PS: Here's a sample frame so you can see what the scene looks like...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by voxel3d; 02-07-2008, 01:09 PM. Reason: added image...

Hi

i would say thats about right ... our Irr maps sometimes go upto a gig and1/2 .. can be a big problem when sending over the network..
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Mid scale external stuff (main buildings, 2/3 surrounding and site works) usually ends up at a bit over 100mb for most paths I do. You may have a setting up a little high for it, but nothing that'd cause an issue and it's not an outlandish size.

Comment

Mmm... OK, it might be right, we are putting a lot more detail into our scenes now and over the last projects used prepass / animation mode so i hadn't noticed it. I just remembered the old scenes that didn't end up as large. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X