Hidden (Visible) Vray Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden (Visible) Vray Lights

Haven't had the chance to check if this is sp2 specific but, vray lights with visibility turned on and hidden from the view still render. Not really a big deal turning them invisible but a great pain when you have lots of them.

Vlado, Is it possible to automatically turn off their render properties when hidden from the viewport?
    vertex wrangler

This is the expected behaviour, actually. In the Global switches rollout, there is an option "Hidden lights", which is on by default. Turn it off to exclude hidden lights from the rendering.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I understand it quite well Vlado, the problem is I have a visible object in the same scene that needs the "hidden light" option turned on.

I have no problem with hidden vraylights producing illumination, I just thought that since they are hidden from view, they aren't supposed to be visible to the camera as well.

Thanks for the attention as always!
      vertex wrangler

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean... you want turning off the visibility flag on a light to have the same effect as the light's "invisible" option?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X