Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max2009+vray rendering slowing my system down to a crawl

Hello,

I'm having some problems with my vray+max2009. Every time U'm rendering, my system (winxp 64, 4 gigs mem, q6600) becomes almost completely unresponsive in a regular fashion, ie. my mouse won't move, and I can't type. Is anyone else having this problem? I didn't have this with max9 or 2008. It also seems to occur only when vray starts rendering the image itself, not when calculating the LC or IRR.map.

Also, it doesn't matter to which setting I set the priority of the process in task manager. Usually that worked, but now the chuggyness stays the same, even at lowest priority.

This probably means that the rendering is taking up more RAM than you have physically installed in your system. In that case Windows starts swapping to disk, and this drastically degrades the responsiveness of the entire system.

Best regrds,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, i thought of that as well, but when i looked in task manager, it was only taking up 1.9 gigs out of 4...

Comment

--- post deleted because I'm a moron who didn't completely read your problem ---

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain View Post
          --- post deleted because I'm a moron who didn't completely read your problem ---
          lol....it could be something else 3ds max 2009 related. Im running similar setup except on x32 machine and its fine.
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Hm, ok - in that case you could try turning on the "Low priority threads" option in the System rollout of V-Ray AND set the process priority to "Below normal" from the Task manager.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

okay, thanks, i'll try that.

Comment

Working...
              X