Can't output bitmap error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't output bitmap error

I saw a thread some where that talked about setting the dynamic memory limit to a value of 7000mb. I can't set it higher than 3000mb. I am running a Dell precision T7400 Vista X64 Dual Quad Xeon with 16gb and a 1.5gb QuadroFX 5600 Max 8 Vray 1.5sp2. I like the faster render speed I get with setting it to the max but I have run into issues rendering highres scenes. I understand that sp2 fixed the bug that decreased stablility when increasing the value but why can't I set this value higher. I generally model scenes with a large amount of highpoly proxies and if I set the raycaster memory limit to the max of 3000mb I will always get a can't output bitmap error when rendering high resolution scenes(4096x3112). If I set the value to lets say 1000mb I can render scene at an almost high resolution of (3300x1856) but depending on how many proxies I have in the scene I will sometimes get the "can't output bitmap" error. If I set it to 3000mb I should still have 13gb +/- what max/vray and vista is chewing up as far as memory goes right? Please Help. Thank you.

Have you tried rendering out to a vrimg file and turning off the memory frame buffer? Hrm.. 16 GB must be nice.

Comment

Working...
    X