Convert SCENE to VRay and MAX 2009 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert SCENE to VRay and MAX 2009 ?

I tried once to run the script but it failed upon trying to convert A&D materials

any update coming ?
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

convert from? and what script?

Comment

Right clicking inside the viewport -(in the quadMenu) there is a command V-Ray scene converter which (should) allows us to convert all to be compatible with it - such as materials and other settings.

NIR
      3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

The scene converter only works for standard materials (AFIK). There was mention of a converter for the new MR pro materials in the works (perhaps for sp3) but I do not know if it would work with the A&D materials too.

There might be some script in scriptspot to convert the A&D to VRay materials.

Comment

I know Chaos ppl work very hard and have one the best customer support I know so I cannot and will not bash them but SP2 is supposed to be fully compatible with MAX2009.

Comment

I don't think we've ever claimed V-Ray to be fully compatible with any version of 3ds Max (see of example http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150S...nsupported.htm). Further on, mental ray is not a part of the 3ds Max core really.

With that said, we are working on extended support for some mental ray features for the next updates of V-Ray.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X