Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license server and DR spawner at the same time

HI guys,

Here's my issue... I have a small render farm which was running vray SP1 perfectly. The farm is composed of 4 quad core render nodes and 2 dual quad workstations. After installing SP2 on all my machines everything was fine but the only problem is that I can't run the spawner on the node where the license server is running. When I install vray sp2, I have a choice to choose workstation, render slave or license server only. So when I install the render slave option, I don't have the license server and when I install license server, I don't have the spawner? I used to be able to run the spawner AND the license server on the same render node. What happened, what am I doing wrong?

Any help?

Try installing V-Ray with the workstation option. That should install the DR spawner and License server.
    Derik Bibb
    Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
    International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

I have 2 licenses, will setting a render node as a full workstation take up one of those 2 licenses? I need both licenses for the workstations as we are 2 3D artist in here.

Comment

Nope. Installing as a workstation will not take up a license; it would only take up one if you are using max and vray as a workstation at that computer (which you won't be).
        As far as I know, the options to install as a license server only or a render node only are there to streamline installs for those particular uses.
        Derik Bibb
        Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
        International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

Problem is resolved.. thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X