Transform Type-in Dialog Box - disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transform Type-in Dialog Box - disappeared

Ok, this is a last resort before I reinstall MAX. My stupid Transorm type-in dialog box has disappeared and I can't get it back for the life of me. Right-clicking the transform button does not work. F12 doesn't work (confirmed keyboard shortcut). I have even gone around the edge of the screen in case it was dragged off to the edge where it isn't visible. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this before I throw the computer out of the window?!!!

Thx.

PS, I know this is not a vray problem but any help is appreciated more than you will ever know. Thi is the second computer this has happened on and I have to find a way to fix it.

Two options before reinstalling:

- Reset your workspace under Customize.

- Close 3ds max, then remove (after backup) the 3dsmax.ini file in something like: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2009 - 64bit\enu
    After that restart Max to see if it worked.

Hope this helps, greetz,
    Ruud
    3DV - Ruud van Reenen
    www.3dv.nl

Comment

or try this, rt click on a transform button, press alt+space, then "m" , then tap an arrow key, the window should now be locked to your mouse so you can move it back into view.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
        or try this, rt click on a transform button, press alt+space, then "m" , then tap an arrow key, the window should now be locked to your mouse so you can move it back into view.
        yep - this one's a lifesaver!

Comment

OMG, thanks everyone!

Comment

aah, nice one, thx rerender
            3DV - Ruud van Reenen
            www.3dv.nl

Comment

indeed a lifesaver.
              Dominique Laksmana

Comment

Working...