Distributed rendering over different Windows versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering over different Windows versions

Hi I’m having some problems with the distributed rendering between 3 machines, the master machine (Dell Precision 690, Dual Quad Core, 8gig Ram) which runs Max 2008, Vray sp2 in OS xp 64 and two slaves machines (Shuttle Single Quad Core, 4Gig Ram) with the same vray & Max but they the OS is Vista.
    The regions the vista machines render come out white.
    I’ve tried to save the irradiance map and have the vista machines render with it, but then the render comes out darker.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with DR over different Windows versions?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone??? Vlado, any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Kyle,

There have been a few threads on this forum about DR buckets not matching but I can't remember any that concluded that different OSs render differently.

You could start by trying to render the image through backburner on one of the slaves and seeing if it matches the one from your workstation. That should at least test the network and the installation of Max and VRay.

I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Dan
      Dan Brew

Comment

Thanks for your help Dan, Backburner seems to work fine. I've rendered out a few small animations using our both the Dell and Shuttle machines without any problem.

It just doesn't seem to like DR.

I should add that I have managed to get this working once or twice. It initially appeared to be a problem with mapped drives? Hence I tested them using Backburner. I can't seem to work out what the problem is.

Comment

I have the same problem recently... and reinstalled vray on all machines , and that solve it + region settings in controll panel have to be the same on all machines.

I read on one thread what Vlado suggest: "You can try to update the license server machine with the latest dongle drivers from the WIBU site "

hope that helps...
          Last edited by Fekta.studio; 13-09-2008, 11:01 AM.
          Best regards,
          Andrian

Comment

cool, well I'll keep trying, if push-comes-to-shove I'll have to re-install everything.

Cheers, let me know if you hear of anything more.

Comment

First thing to do is look at the V-Ray log file on the slave machines to see if there are any errors there; also use the "Check for missing files" option in the System rollout of V-Ray to detect cases where a slave could not find some textures.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X