transparent selfillumination material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transparent selfillumination material

hi, i face the problem that i don`t know how to make a transparent selfilluminated material. i need this to make an abstrakt nightrendering, where i want to use it for windowglass, etc. never used sss-material, would thisbe the best choice, or make a mixed material, one selfillu, the other one with transparency?
    thx

I believe you can use a vraylightmtl and map the opacity with a vraycolor map. The opacity/transparency will not affect the light output.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

thx, i`ve put the vraycolormap in the opacity slot of the vraylight material, but cant make it transparent. alpha 0,0-1,0 and r/g/b values from 0,0-1,0 always bring the same result - no transparency.

Comment

The material is probably transparent if you look at the alpha channel, but that does not modify the amount of light it emits. To do this you will need to manually turn down the brightness of the emissive color.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

In other words, put your mask in both slots of the vraylight material
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

thx rerender + vlado.
            indeed needed rerenders brief instruction, now it works.

Comment

Working...
            X