DR Localhost can't recognise more than 10 spawners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Localhost can't recognise more than 10 spawners

We have 4 licences (dongles) on 4 PCs here, which means that we should be able to hook 40 spawners.

My understanding was that I can call all spawners to render the same image on one machine, by means of calling VRLicence server and pooling all other licencies to one, localhost. In plain english: I want all 40 PCs to render one image, but my PC sees only 10 of them.

I must be missing something because my PC accepts only 10 spawners.
    How do I tell it to pool all other licences?

Note:
    all PCs are same configuration, software versions etc.. Win xp sp2, vray 1.5 SP2, hardware: planty of everything...Backburner works on all computers ver2007.02, network traffic OK..

Thanks in advance

Zoran

it's normal because your licence allow only 10 DR.
    Your computer don't see the licence that are on the other machins.
    To have more DR, you have to put the dongels on the same computer and set your licence type to network on your computer to have access to the licence that is on the other one with the dongels.

ones you have configure your computer to have licence on the other with the 4 dongels, you would be able to do DR with 40 computer without any problems.

The only thing I don't know is if Vray allow more than 254 Buckets (cores) at the same time with DR, in my last remembering, I think not but I may be wrong.

One you have installed your dongels on your "server" you can see all the informations you need by going on the url :
    http://server.ip.adresse:30304/

you can find all infos you need here :
    http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/licensingvray.htm

Hope I could help, sorry for my poor english

Stan
    3LP Team
    3LP Team

Comment

Originally posted by 3LP View Post
      The only thing I don't know is if Vray allow more than 254 Buckets (cores) at the same time with DR, in my last remembering, I think not but I may be wrong.
      There is no restriction on the number of cores working on a frame.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Stan,

Thank s lot for your reply. Now at least I know how the thing works.
        I guess I was expecting more from licence server:to be able to keep track of what's going on with the other servers and distribution of spawners.

How are other people managing their DR if you have a number of licences and everyones job is "the most important and urgent", which usually escalates into fight for "world spawner domination", or WSD

Regards

Zoran

Comment

Working...
        X