Files with Proxies Blowing out in size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files with Proxies Blowing out in size

I am currently working in a max2009 vray sp2 file and the only thing in the file is 21 proxies. I even created a new file and merged the proxies in. The file size is 220 MB, this doesnt seem right, I didnt think the file stored all the proxy info as well. There are about 7 different proxy objects.

What is happening??

There is no information stored by the proxies themselves in the file; however 3ds Max might store the proxy viewport preview (not really sure if it does).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes thats what i thought, I thought the file should be under 1MB but its blown out to 200MB, ill try and import one proxy at a time and see if its one proxy or all causing it

Comment

Ok it seem to be just in one file that has a lot of splines and block definitions that i was working in. Even after I created a new file and merged only the proxy somehow there is a ghost of all this other info that came in. And yes dependencies were off. The only thing in my new file was one proxy. Then when i deleted the proxy the file remain 200 MB.

It could well be a max 2009 bug rather than a proxy bug.

No worries im going to start a completely new file and see how that goes

Comment

as a test, go to your maxscript listener (little pink/red box in the bottom left hand corner) and type in gc() and hit enter and see if that helps.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
          X