Case sensitivity for textures seems inconsistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case sensitivity for textures seems inconsistent

Had a problem with a scene where the reflection wasn't rendered by a single node, 3 other nodes and workstation itself rendered it fine.

It turned out to be a texture for reflection with a filename beginning with an uppercase 'A' while it was named with a lowercase 'a' in the material editor. I have 'Check for missing files' checked but i guess it's not case-sensitive.

The path to the file was an UNC-path to a fileserver running XP Pro x64, all other nodes rendered fine but this fileserver (also a node) itself obviously couldn't load the lowercase file.

So, making sure the file is properly named in mat.editor fixed the problem, but still thought i'd mention this for whoever may encounter the same problem.

Maybe the 'Check for missing files' should be case-sensitive, or have a checkbox for it?
    3DV - Ruud van Reenen
    www.3dv.nl

Well, when V-Ray checks for missing files, it calls the Bitmap textures themselves to tell if they are available or not; V-Ray does not directly compare the file names - so it might be a good idea to report this to Autodesk as well.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X