Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flickering objects with animation feature 1-5

hi

rendered a scene with max2009D vray1-5sp2 with the animation feature on one rendermachine
    animation prepass: irrmap-bf
    after rendering the animation (2 interpolation frames) i get this flickering of objects...
    it´s not that they lose reflection, it´s like they get darker...

...with the prerendered solution i swapped the darker screw with a brighter....and the darker screw stayed darker at the other place...ohhhhooo...

if i render a new singleframe lightsolution the screws are okai....

so i think it coul´d be a problem of the lightsolutionblending...but why then does the screw keeps it´s darkness at the place where the lighter screw was (is in the lightsolution any path to the object ?

screws are not doublefaced and were instanced...(make a test later with unifying them...)

if someone has another idea...big thanks

thomes
    Last edited by thomes; 24-09-2008, 03:17 AM.

update...what is happening...

i made the screws that were instances to unified objects...(in case that i test with max2009design, all was rendered with propagate material to instances because of different initial settings coming from the default ui....)...that didn´t work...

so i collapsed all screws to one object...rendered 5 light prepasses and then rendered the middle frame...now it seems okai, as you can see in the left picture...

now i have the BIG question to the right picture...

the only thing i have done in the right picture is, that i detached the floor plane from a group...the same geometry,the same lightprepasses...the same objects (except the detached object)...

vlado...what is happening here, maybe this is the way to my problem?

thanks a lot
    thomes

Comment

For the animation irradiance map, it makes more sense to keep static objects as larger meshes, instead of many small objects. This is because, in that mode, the irradiance samples are kept for each object separately. If the objects are very small, they may be easily missed out by the prepasses. If the objects are attached into a single mesh, V-Ray will be able to use adjacent samples from other surfaces of the same object.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i really don´t get it exactly...

the objects are the same in the right and left picture...and the irradiance map is the same...

i only changed the floor (no more in a group) and the floor is allright...

and even if the floor woul´d no more become light because of his missing group membership, why do the screws become black? and other parts that i didn´t touch?

sorry vlado

thanks thomes

Comment

Ah well if you changed this *after* you calculated the irradiance maps, this can happen - V-Ray will not be able to tell which samples belong to which object any more, since the order of the objects in the scene is not the same.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks vlado...so all makes sense...ok...

thomes

Comment

Working...
            X