Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Blotches in animation...

Hi guys,

I'm rendering an animation and noticed on the first frames (and of course all subsequent frames) that I have some blotchiness happening in several spots, along with a constant noise pattern. I can get rid of the noise in post if needed, but I can't get rid of the blotches as it's quite more noticeable. You can see it on the low left corner and also where the glasses are in the sample provided.

Here's a small sample of the problems: URL removed.

You can see my Vray settings in the attachements.

I have a Vray sun outside, and some square Vray lights inside with 12 samples each. I also have a VrayLight material but not strong enough to lit more than its surrounding normally.

I start by rendering my Lightcache, then render my IR map every 5 seconds using LC as secondary. I then use the IR map only for the rendering. I also tried without Store Direct Light with the same results.

What could cause those problems, and how to fix them please? It's quite urgent as I need to render 1200 frames for Sunday and have no real clue on a working solution (render time is also an issue here).

Please any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by creapix; 10-10-2008, 12:16 AM.
    Andy Martinod
    c r e a | P i X
    3D Architectural Renderings & Animations

check for doubble faces
    remove from all vray materials "user interpolation" from refraction + reflection
    vray settings - DMC sampler - noise threshold - lower it to remove the static noise
    anti alising DMC = 3 - 6
    turn on "subpixel color mapping" and "clamp out" und vray color mapping

my first ideas
    all that rise the rendertime but give it a try
    Last edited by QuakeMarine1; 26-09-2008, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks QuakeMarine,

I was able to remove the little noise by using Adaptive Subdivision with min 0 max 2 subdivs, even tho it brings some flickering on the highlights. There's no double faces but the geometry has a thickness. It's not that close tho.

But the main problem and most important problem with the blotches remain, I'll try some more things based on what you wrote to see if it works and update the situation. I can't up the render time too much either.
      Last edited by creapix; 26-09-2008, 07:07 AM.
      Andy Martinod
      c r e a | P i X

Comment

Originally posted by creapix View Post
        Thanks QuakeMarine,

I was able to remove the little noise by using Adaptive Subdivision with min 0 max 2 subdivs, even tho it brings some flickering on the highlights. There's no double faces but the geometry has a thickness. It's not that close tho.

But the main problem and most important problem with the blotches remain, I'll try some more things based on what you wrote to see if it works and update the situation. I can't up the render time too much either.
        you problem is due to lightcache set to world mode. Make sure you set your light cache to be in camera flythrough mode in order for it to work correctly with multiframe incremental irradience map settings.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
          you problem is due to lightcache set to world mode. Make sure you set your light cache to be in camera flythrough mode in order for it to work correctly with multiframe incremental irradience map settings.
          You mean to put it in screen scale instead of world scale? I used Flythrough mode to generate the lightcache initially of course, and then use the From file to generate the irradiance map in multiframe incremental mode.
          The blotches seem to be related to the stainless steel material, I'll investigate some more.
          Andy Martinod
          c r e a | P i X

Comment

Working...
          X