VRayDirt objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDirt objects

You know how you can tick Use same object only or something like that? It would be good if there was an include/exclude list that did a similar thing. Right now i'm wanting to do an effect that only shows up around the Ivy crawling up the wall, and I also want to do another certain effect on this beach but only where rocks are (I have boulders scattered on certain areas).

Could someone please move this to wishlist?

Comment

How are you using the dirt at the moment? you can already do this a number of different ways.

The easiest being (assuming you are doing the dirt as a seperate pass witihin a vray light material) save a copy of your scene out, ctrl&a, apply a vray light material with no dirt to everything in your scene, then go through and pick the objects you want dirt on by hand and apply a new material to them. You could have it rendering in under 5 minutes from start, tops.
      If your scene gets updated, just do it again and save over the old one.
      Last edited by Neilg; 07-11-2008, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I want pebble like sediment to appear on the sand around the rocks, so i'd mask that effect with VRayDirt which is only emitted/affected from the rocks. At the moment i'm hand-painting the masks and/or baking the AO and manipulating it to achieve this.

Comment

It is a long wish to have inlcude/exclude lists both objects affecting the AO and for objects affected by it, so this is very likely coming to SP3.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X