No announcement yet.

Elements - Compositing - Phtoshop Layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem is that the 32-bit TIF is in SGI LogLUV format and AE is having trouble interpreting/converting it.(?) If you save it to EXR from Vray it gets an embedded sRGB profile and everything works just fine. The TIF also gets a XYZ profile which might be messing it up rather than an sRGB profile (you can see the embedded profile by opening it in photoshop). I don't know how to convert color spaces on a 32bit image (seems you can only "apply" a profile and not "convert" it).

Someone else probably has more knowledge on the storage differences between 32bit TIF's and EXR's and may be able to explain it better though.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

hmm..

Thx dlparisi, I really appreciate yor interest and help.

Well... here is the next test:

a) why is in general, the 32bit RGB much brighter compared to the 8bit ?
      b) shouldn't they look the same ?
      c) I've exported .exr files, and as you can see, the RGB 32bit .EXR looks ok, but the composition didn't work as well...

did you try the .exr and did they work in your test ?
      hmm .. I think we are close, but there is still something wrong in the 32bit version ...
      I also tried the classic .hdr format, same issue and same result like the .exr files.

I guess the GI Element causes that problem.

thx,
      bernhard
      Last edited by bernhard; 16-11-2008, 03:34 PM.
      www.bernhardrieder.com
      rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

One more thing and you're there...

Check "Blend colors using 1.0 gamma" in the color settings of the Project settings window. That should do it.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

yeah baby yeah...

dlparisis, you are awesome and you made my day !

thx a lot,
          bernhard
          www.bernhardrieder.com
          rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X