DR problem with (animation) Irr Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR problem with (animation) Irr Map

I can successfully render (DR) a single frame of my scene using a saved Irr Map.

If I switch to a previously computed Irr Map (created by prepass), choose animation mode for Irr Map, then Max will crash. If I don't use DR with my Irr Map. (animation), then there is no problem.

I use a UNC path each time for the Irr Map.

I've attached a shortened vraylog.txt file (I removed info from previous successful renderings).

Any insight to solve my problem is appreciated.

Thanks!

(Vray 1.5 SP2, 3DS Max 2009)
    Attached Files

Update. Not much to speak of after installing the SP3 version of vray for both host & client machines. If I use DR and animation (rendering) together, 3DS Max will crash. If I take away DR, the file renders fine (although slower, of course).

I'm still using UNC paths for the IRR map, and the path is added to my 3DS Max external file path list on the client machine.

I have no idea why I'm getting the crashes. I look at the vraylog.txt file and it ends like it did before using SP3.

If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

(Vray 1.60.34, 3DS Max 2009)

Comment

If you're rendering an animation just send it to render via backburner with DR turned off.

Each machine will get a frame to render and it will finish quicker in the long run...

Hope that helps,
      Olly
      Last edited by olly; 10-12-2008, 03:35 PM.
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Would be useful if you can send the scene to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com for investigation.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Olly:

Thanks for the suggestion! It works fine if each computer renders it's own frame through backburner, without DR. (This also gave the chance to see my new Intel i7 920 computer match a dual quad Xenon, pretty impressive) I've only rendered 10 frames total in this test, haven't yet compiled the frames to make sure they match.

Vlado:

Considering the above method works, would you still like me to send you the file?

I appreciate your feedback

Comment

Yes, I would still like to take a look at the file thanks!

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X