Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background to dark

Hi!

The background image through the window on the left side ist much to dark. On the right side there is no glas in the window and it seems ok.
    (background is max invironment - sreen mapped)

Has anybody a idea?

Thanks Thomas
    Attached Files

Do you have "affect background" checked or unchecked in your Color Mapping rollout? I'm guessing that is where your problem is.
    ...learning more every day...

Comment

i have checked this option - it is out.
      But when i put it on, the Background in the hole image gets much to dark. Also where there is no window.

Comment

I may be wrong...I'm no expert, but here's what I think is happening:

Your background isn't exposed properly for your camera, and the checkbox is making up for it. If you turn off all your geometry and render it without the affect background on, your sky should be black. This is what your reflections and refractions are seeing (hence the refraction through the glass). When you check the affect background checkbox its only affecting uninterrupted areas of the sky.

There are two solutions:

1. keep the checkbox on and expose the camera properly so the background looks the way you want it to in the final output. This way there's no surprises when you do a final rendering. Test it with no geometry. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to redo all your lighting.

2. unckeck the checkbox and put an output, or color correct or something on the environment map and adjust it till it looks right with your current camera. You won't have to adjust your lighting for this one.

Hope that solves the problem!

-peakyfreak
        ...learning more every day...

Comment

Working...
        X