Preset problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preset problem

I have problem with Max 2009 and VRay presets. I can save to presets, and I do see the presets show up in the list. I check the vray.cfg in a texteditor and see the different settings are correct. However nothing changes after loading different presets, even not if I close the render dialog and open the render dialog again nothing has loaded, it keeps the old settings. What´s wrong here?

check to make sure the file is not set to "READ ONLY"
    Two heads are better than one ...
    ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

It´s not read-only, thanks anyway.
      I am just producing about 100 stills for a viz-project and I have to manually do all the changes in VRay each time I jump between test and sending renders away for finals. Timeconsuming...
      Vlado, do you have any ideas?
      Thanks!

Comment

Have you tried using the Max preset system, I works fine for us.
        The read only issue also crops up due to permissions with Max 9 / XP, we had to make a bunch of custom changes to user accounts to get it working flawlessly...
        Two heads are better than one ...
        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Yes, I tried Max own and that works fine which is good. So why does VRay has its own at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mats_O View Post
            Yes, I tried Max own and that works fine which is good. So why does VRay has its own at all?
            Because, initially 3ds Max did not have any Also, the V-Ray presets allow you to save only a part of the settings (e.g. only the AA ones, or only the GI settings etc).

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just to whip this up.

Will there be a decent Vray preset manager? All the scripts I've seen have the scripters own settings in there.
              Nils Poetoehena
              3D Visualiser
              www.demanufacture.org
              www.gielissen.com

Comment

Marc Lorenz has a nice preset manager.

http://plugins.angstraum.at/vraypm/manual.htm

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but I just tested this script. I can't really get it to work.
                  Everytime I assign a preset to vray I states that vray is not the current renderer.
                  It seems this script was written for an older version so many of the new items are not added in the presets. Is there a way to fix this?
                  Nils Poetoehena
                  3D Visualiser
                  www.demanufacture.org
                  www.gielissen.com

Comment

Originally posted by nils_p View Post
                    Sorry for the late reply but I just tested this script. I can't really get it to work.
                    Everytime I assign a preset to vray I states that vray is not the current renderer.
                    It seems this script was written for an older version so many of the new items are not added in the presets. Is there a way to fix this?
                    I don't have time to test it right now but I think if you change the line in VRayPM.ms from
                    Code:
                    if (findString (slot as string) "VRay"!=undefined) then return true
                    to

Code:
                    if (findString (slot as string) "V_Ra"!=undefined) then return true
                    it should work
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post

Code:
                      if (findString (slot as string) "V_Ra"!=undefined) then return true
                      it should work
                      You forgot a "y"

Thx It works. You're the man!

Is there a list of all new commands (reinhart; gamma; DMC; etc...) so I can insert them myself in the presets?
                      Nils Poetoehena
                      3D Visualiser
                      www.demanufacture.org
                      www.gielissen.com

Comment

Cool, glad that worked.

As I remember Marc's script created the presets on the fly so they should pick up any new options? Those are not working?

Maybe Marc will see this thread, heh
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

Hopefully he will.

I just want to make my own specific preset but I don't know the vray settings in maxscript
                          Nils Poetoehena
                          3D Visualiser
                          www.demanufacture.org
                          www.gielissen.com

Comment

Working...
                          X