Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could not obtain license (backburner)

Hi all!

When I submit a job through backburner to my one-node "farm" it says "could not obtain license, error 10061" and shuts down the render before it starts.

Its not scene-related, i tried to submit a very simple small scene and got the same result.

Everything worked perfectly before the holidays. I havent changed anything as far as I know. No new vray-versions, license-versions etc. Dont think its a problem with the wibu either, since I can render as usual on my workstation (where the wibu is located).

any ideas?

thanks
    Kalle

Did you check that the license server is actually running? The error code means that V-Ray could connect to the specified machine, but there was no license server to reply there.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The license server has always started automatically when launching windows. I did restart both the workstation and the slave so i just assumed the server and everything else needed was running, but nope i dont think i actually checked it... . Ill take a look first thing tomorrow.

It would be very strange if the server suddenly didnt start on windows start though, since I havent changed anything... but hey, weirder things have happened.

thanks!

Comment

hmm... the license-server seems to be running as it should.

I tried DR and got the warning: "could not connect to host 127.00 etc" and then (in swedish) "could not make a connection since the target computer actively denied it"

Im guessing this is not a vrayproblem but something else. I tried to disable the windows firewall as well as the nod32 antivirus, but it is still not working.

Im clueless here... really hate computers sometimes! Especially since the problem almost always turns out to be user related, ahem

please, if you think you might know whats going on, help me out!

thanks
        k

Comment

It might be the Windows Firewall on either of the machines, or another antivirus/software firewall solution (like ZoneAlaram, for example).

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Hi again!

Ive been away for a week, but now Im back and I still cant get the damn thing to work!

I tried backburner using scanline instead of vray, and that works like it should.

I then completely uninstalled ESET NOD32 antivirus from my workstation (where the wibu is), I turned the Windows Firewall OFF on both computers (probably not to recommend, but I thought i should at least try). I dont have any other antivirus/antispam software installed on either computer. The wibu is connected and seems to be working just fine, the Vray floating license service is running and I can render fine locally.
            However the backburner problem is still there. Error 10061.

Im starting to loose my hair over here... so again, any ideas are greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!
            Kalle

Comment

You can try to set the license server by computer name rather than IP; also does normal and command line rendering (not through backburner) work as it should?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

thank you Vlado!

I can render normally on the workstation - no errors or warnings or anything. Havent tried command line rendering - not sure how to do that?

When I look in the Vray License server information, the primary license server is named "localhost" and connection is 30304... should I change "localhost" to something else?

The "online authorization settings" are blank - is that how it should be?

Im not very experienced with network rendering, so forgive me if Im asking stupid questions!

best regards
                Kalle

Comment

thank you!!

I changed the IP to computername as you suggested and now it seems to be working!

I dont understand why it worked though.. i mean it worked just fine with IP number before so why not anymore?

but thanks again, Vlado! You totally saved my ass... I have to do a large number of large renderings in the coming weeks and that would have been a real pain without the rendernode....

love the support on this forum!
                  best regards
                  Kalle

Comment

Ok, good to know it is solved now. It might be that you have dynamic IPs in your network, so they may change from time to time.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

ah ok, that makes sense!

thanks again!
                      /kalle

Comment

Working...
                      X