Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irradiance map seems not to be loaded

hi

when we try to use animation rendering something very weird occurs and render imap in black
    A yes, method(described below work a lot of times, but a few times this happens) works very well
    B files exist, and they weight 5mb each one.. then they are not empty
    C is the same camera, same geometry than prepass scene
    D yes, rendering irradiance map single frame and lightcache has good lighting results

i am attaching 3 frames
    A the animation rendering starts with the B frame, calculating single frame in olightcache
    B the lightcache process
    C a sample of the single frame rendering

the trouble is, the method works (yes, but i need to try where is the trouble in getting irradiance map that returns black spots to rendering)

to ensure it, i did a test with a lot of possible troubles :
    A moving a object after animation prepass :: ok the object appears weird but the scene renders well in other parts
    B moving camera, changing angle : ok, no problem
    C deleting some files of the irradiance map files, such as the impa of the frame 26, 100 and 125.. ok, not problem, vray interpolates between them
    D there is somenthing that is making that those imap in black appears

could anyone help me???

thanks guys

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::

method we use and it works very well
    we are using this method with successful results for animation with characters

stepA
    irradiance map / high settings /animation prepass / saved
    lightcache / lowest settings / flythrough / not saved

stepB
    irradiance map / animation rendering
    lightcache / highest settings / single frame

why?

1st, you cannot save an animated lightcache
    2nd, if you save lightcache and during rendering, vray cannot find in lightcache data to render a glossy reflection WILL USE BRUTE FORCE and rendering will last 10 times more
    3rd if you calculate lightcache in single frame with very high settings you are spending a few seconds or minutes instead of 10 times more rendering from a lightcache saved file and rendering glossies internally with brute force
    Attached Files

Have you made any changes to the scene after calculating the animated irradiance maps?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi vlado

after this problem, i tried in a simpler scene to move objects, change lighting, cameras, resolution, etc, and it's very stable even, then the trouble was in other place.. but whatever, i calculate the prepass again and that's all, everything is rendered

thx

Comment

Working...
      X