Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irr map causing light error

Hi there,

Got a problem with an animation im working on.

I have attached an image. The left side is where the lightcache and irr map are loaded from pre-calc and then rendered...causing the light problem. The right side is where ive loaded the lightcache from file and calculated the irr map on the fly (so no pre-calc for the irr map).

There are only 2 spots on the render that this is happening. Any ideas what this could be ?

The irr map was calculated at medium-animation both times. The pre-calc irr map was calculated on 3 different machines and then merged.
    Attached Files
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

What do you have at the windows? Do you have a VRaySun in your scene?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have a vray plane light at the windows...store irradiance map on and invisible. Also have a sun in the scene...set to invisible also.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Such problems typically happen when a GI ray hits something bright in the scene; it could be due to GI caustics (reflective or refractive) or because there is some bright and small object in the scene (or maybe gap between objects through which a much brigher object is visible). The chance for getting such issues increases as you take more samples, so that's why it may happen with a fly-through map, but not with a single frame map.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok Cheers. I'll check the scene for bright areas and gaps in the mesh...
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Do you think I will have to recalc the entire 420 frames again, or is there a way to just replace the dodgy areas ?
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X