Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with spawner as a service.

Hi,
    Im facing a strange problem here and can't figure out how to solve it.

All our map and max files are on a server that we access with UNC path.
    On the farm each nodes have a the maps folder mapped to a drive letter
    that we have access with the right privilege when trying manual direct on the node.
    BB working correctly also.

If I start the spawner as a service and render from my machine in DD the log file
    tell me Missing map file and abort the DR on that node. (Im running it logged on that machine)
    I also tried it by forcing a user in the service that have access to the file server.

If I start the spawner manually not as a service everything is correct now...

That's really bud, I need it to work as a service on those machine.

Regards,

Spawner as a service is launched as system user. how did you try to "force" the user? You can set the service to run as a specific user wich should be the user you're using to access them usually.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Hi OZRAY,

the point is, a service does not "see" your networkdrives (folder mapped to a drive letter).

If you wanna use VraySpawner as service you have to setup UNC path for everything in your maxscene.

Comment

Ok thanks guys,

klonsemann, yes a already forced the service to start with the correct user that have access.

Instinct, god!!! I never suspected that...
        What's are the consequences, does just put the Convert local path to UNC in 3DSMAX is enought? Everyone here have a mapped drive and all tools and files are pointing on those mapped drives... So I can't change the way peoples work.

Does the only real advantage of running it as a service is that it can run without windows account logging in? Or there is other advantages? more stable ??

Regards,

Comment

Well it can autorestart when it crashes for example.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

You can simply stop and restart it via maxscript when rendering on backburner, to have most performance on renderfarms.

Comment

Is that start/stop script only for spawner as a service? Is there a way to do that when you are running it as an .exe?

Thanks!
              b
              Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
              e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

I think that should be possible, but i didnt searche in that direction.
                Last edited by Klonsemann; 21-01-2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X