Any way to recreate an Elevation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to recreate an Elevation

Hello all, in the past i have used the Reg. Camera or just rendered from perspective, however lately i have started using lwf and the lighting is so much cleaner however is there any way to render a flat elevation with phys cam?? in the past i have used the orthographic projection from the Reg cam however i dont see how i can achieve the same elevation view with phys cam??

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

I think you can still use a regular camera for your elevations. You just need to lower your dark and bright multipliers in color mapping. If you're using a VRaySun at intensity 1 then try values around 0.01 - 0.03. Unfortunately the only way I know to get it right is trial and error.
    Dan Brew

Comment

Yes, I also do elevations by lowering sun intensity. 0.015 or 0.02 works fine most of the time.
      That does the trick while waiting for an implementation of some kind of VrayPhysicalOrthoCam

mekene

Comment

lol.

THanks guys ill give that a try!
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com
        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Another workaround without having to tweak your lights would be to dolly your camera 100's of metres back, then whack up the focal length of your camera (bit of trail and error needed to get your building to fill the view). In essence removing perspective from your view.
          chris
          www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

Hey Reuben,

You could also try to make your vray phys. cam focal length 200mm.+ (like chris just said..)
            Needs more cowbell

Comment

Working...
            X