Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with reflection on material

Hi everyone-
    I am a vray newbie. I am creating a taillamp on a car. I have applied many red glass shaders that I downloaded from vray-materials.de, as well as trying to create my own vray materials. No matter what I do I am getting weird reflections on the taillamps, as the plastic curves around. I am using HDR for my lighting and reflection, as well as some reflector card. But even if I delete these, I still get the weird reflection problem as the light curves. Any ideas? I can't post the file as it is a confidential car model.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hi

and welcome dude.. without seeing your model it would be hard to tell, try adding an HDRI in the environment slot .. see what happens then to the reflections.

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

It would actually be "welcome Miss"
      I have an HDR in my Vray environment slot, and in the reflection slot already. Still getting the weird effect on the curved pieces.

Originally posted by natty View Post
      Hi

and welcome dude.. without seeing your model it would be hard to tell, try adding an HDRI in the environment slot .. see what happens then to the reflections.

Natty

Comment

well it would be dude'et ...try a different hdri, you may be reflecting a grey part of it? ..
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

No, it doesn't seem to matter how many different HDRs I try. I'll see if I can post the scene and strip out the top secret model parts.

Originally posted by natty View Post
          well it would be dude'et ...try a different hdri, you may be reflecting a grey part of it? ..

Comment

I fixed the problem. In the shader, the Reflect and Glosiness checkmarks were unchecked. When I checked them off, then the material rendered normally without the weird chrome look. Weird.

Comment

Working...
            X