Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution change switches light/reflections

Hey everyone,

i currently got a scene to troubleshoot that renders fine at preview res but goes weird when rendered in 6k res. Lights and reflections seem to change brightness.

anyone encountered that ?

Regards,
    Thorsten

I'm not sure..but i think that changing resolution it changes also how AA works..

more pixel to interpolate....different solution.

EDIT: if you can post images we can understand "how much" they're different.

Comment

I cant right away. I'll try and see if i can do a crop that shows the problem as the contents are under NDA. The difference cant be an AA problem tho i'd guess as it's a BIG difference. It actually looks as if reflection planes would get a totally different multiplier

Comment

Got it. It is an AA problem of a kind i guess tho not fixable with AA at reasonable rendertimes. It was a very small noise map that behaved completely differently when details became more appearant at bigger resolutions.

Regards,
        Thorsten

Comment

You could try and bake the map out, trading detail for some blurriness...
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks for bothering. So far it seems it can be solved by tweaking the noise size accordingly..

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Working...
            X