Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Licence gone

hey vlado,

normaly i can´t say anything about my vray licence, network rendering or dr.
    everything just went fine - BUT
    in the last days, everything is crazy! after a while when i open the mtl editor all slots are going to be black. the vray log windows says: rendering frame at time 0 non-camera view!
    and that for every mtl slot.
    when i open the render dialog, the licence is gone.
    when i look in the taskmanager, the vrlservice.exe is still there.
    then i have to close the licence server manuell ans restart the service and that all went well for a not specific time. after a while everything starts again.

i just don´t no what to do - i know that there is a good reason that vray is not the main problem - but i have no idea. even a reset just helped for a while.
    any ideas?
    thanks alot
    jan k. vollmer
    Jan K. Vollmer
    http://www.jankvollmer.de

Aye.

I encountered the same problem, you described in your post.

Would be glad to hear, whether there's a workaround on this or not.
    --> http://www.tobyatwork.de
    --> http://www.scriptspot.com/blog/toby

Comment

Can you email us to vray@chaosgroup.com with these infos and we'll try to help you out.

[EDIT] You can also call us on the numbers listed on our webpage.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i just mailed u!
        thanks

jan
        Jan K. Vollmer
        http://www.jankvollmer.de

Comment

Was just going to post the exact same thing. For some reason I will be working on a scene, and when I go to open my material editor the slots are black, and upon rendering the light cache phase takes forever. After cancelling the render, I find that my Vray authorization tab says that their is a licensing error. Checking the Vray license server it shows both the interface and render licenese free. This is getting very frustrating. I eventually reinstalled all my 3dsmax and Vray related applications yesterday and things worked fine until I reboot my machine. I have tried running both the license service and the floating service program and both seem to have the problem of randomly losing the license. I am using the latest version of Vray 1.5 SP2 with WinXP 32.

Right now, the only fix is to shut down 3DSMAX and restart it every time this happens, which is really slowing me down at work.

Comment

Just thought I should add, this problem popped up for me about two weeks ago. I just noticed today that the problems with the licensing service started around the same time I launched Adobe Lightroom to work on some photos in the background. Not too sure if this is a coincidence, but thought I would make mention of it as well.
            Last edited by loafer87gt; 13-02-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Can anyone tell if any changes to your system happened at that time (installed programs, Windows updates etc)? Also, when V-Ray fails to get a license, what is the error message that you get?

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I havent' done any changes to my system, save for installing whatever windows updates Microsofts throws at me. I get no error message before the licensing system fails on my machine. It appears to be totally random, sometimes I can work for an hour before it quits, others times I can barely load a file before the telltale black material editor appears and I have to shut everything down and relaunch. If there is any file or log you would me to send through to you to help track down the source of the problem, please let me know. As far as the error message goes, there isn't really one as such. The only sign that the license server has apparently failed is the black material editor and the unable to obtain license error message under the Vray rendering tab.

Comment

When you try to render, V-Ray will print an error message in the V-Ray messages window, telling you that no license was found, along with an error code. What is that code?

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

MAybe could help. Days ago i got similar problems on some licence application (but not vray licence... in this case) after a windows update.

It fixed by itself after some reboot. Now everything works fine.

my SO: Windows Vista business x64
                    Workstation Core i7 6900 - 32GB RAM - GeF970
                    Dual Xeon E5-2630 - 32GB RAM

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Have had my license fail on me several times again today. The error in the Vray message window is "Could not obtain License (0)". This is getting very frustrating.

I did try a different USB connection for my dongle and this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

[2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Starting sequence timer.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Disabling scene redraw and autobackup (autobackup was 0).
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Preparing sequence data.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Extracting sequence data from Open() parameters
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Extracting sequence data from RendParams.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Setting up V-Ray parameters for frame rendering.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Extracting sequence data from VRender.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Multithreaded: 1
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] A render elements manager with 4 elements detected
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Render element: VRay_Reflection
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Render element: VRay_Refraction
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Render element: VRay_ReflectionFilter
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Render element: VRay_RefractionFilter
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Calling beginSequence().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Current project folder is "C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\3dsmax"

[2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Entering beginSequence().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Setting RenderGlobalContext.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Broadcasting NOTIFY_PRE_RENDER.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:06] Preparing renderer...

[2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] error: Could not obtain a license (0).

[2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Calling renderBegin().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderBegin().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Caching camera animation.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] beginSequence() done.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Open() done.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Entering Close()
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Calling endSequence().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Entering endSequence().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Calling renderEnd().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Calling renderEnd() on render materials.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderEnd().
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderEnd() to atmospheric effects.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderEnd() to render effects.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderEnd() to the tone operator.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sending RenderEnd() to environment maps.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Unloading bitmaps.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Freeing render instances and lights.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Broadcasting NOTIFY_POST_RENDER.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] endSequence() finished.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Sequence timer stopped.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Total sequence time: 2.0 s
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Enabling scene redraw and autobackup.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] Close() done.
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] error: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
                      [2009/Feb/16|13:55:08] ================================

Comment

In that case, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and we'll try to help you out.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply -what info should I email you Vlado? In the meantime, I uninstalled 1.50 SP2 and went back to an older release candidate in which the old software licensing still worked. Kind of a shame, but this is the only way I can seem to get the program to work now. I even went as far as to do a reinstall of Max, uninstall all my antivirus software, as well as doing a system roll back to about a month ago, and neither of the above worked.

Anyways, back to work now for me. Got an all nighter ahead of me now to try and make tommorows deadline as I have wasted the better part of the day trying to troubleshoot the disappearing license problems. Is there any chance you have a software license available for SP2 that I could use if I emailed you all my contact information? I am not sure what all changes have taken place between RC3 and SP2, but I would like to be using the current version of the program, especially as my all my current scenes were created using this version of the render prior to these issues.
                          Last edited by loafer87gt; 16-02-2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Vlado - I just sent you off an email with my user name, login, and license number. If you could please send me through a solution, it would be much appreciated. I am in such acrunch project wise, there are enough changes between RC3 which works and the SP2 in which the licensing is broken on my machine that I am experiencing a number of rendering errors in my projects.

Thanks,
                            jason

Comment

Can any of you other users who had the same problem help me out please? It is 10:30 PM time at Chaos Group and as such there is no one at their offices. I am really stuck with a tight deadline and my license is now failing about every 15 to 30 minutes and I am about ready to pull my hair out. Does anyone know of a work around that I could use? I did try using the old RC3 version with the software authorization, but there have since been a few fixes in the later versions of the renderer and I now am running into graphical glitches which I didn't have before with SP2.

Help!

Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X