Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archmodel tree to proxy?

Hi there,

I'm trying to proxy a archmodel tree, but it seems to me that I not succeed to get the benefit of using proxys.
    The original tree is about 1,5mil faces and exist of two parts. The trunk and the leaves. The tutorial of Tomasz tells me that I have to attach them together before proxying (and than get a multisub). So I did and succeed yet. The proxy however is about 41mB! That is really big I guess?

When I make a test scene with 5 trees (instances) at the usual way and the same scene but then with 5 proxys, than the rendertime is even more than in the old fashion way... what is happening here? What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the advice! Remco

Proxy

The purpose of proxy isn't to decrease render time, but to allow your system to render what it normally can not render. It is a memory saver more then a time saver.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

There will come a point when rendering proxies will be faster. For example try 50 trees manually vs. proxy.

Comment

You need to increase your dynamic memory limit so that your render performance isn't taking such a huge hit to swap out the data so often. It is a somewhat delicate balance for that setting, so it will require some testing and tuning to find a good value for your render node and scene.

Bucket size and order can also make a little difference here.
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

For a quick ballpark, throw your bucket size down to 32 and increase the dynamic memory limit to 2,000, see what that does for you.

Comment

ok guys, it is getting better now, decrease the render quality a bit and make notice of all your advices - increase dynamic memory up to 4.000 (total 8Gi availeble), thanks so far, more tips welcome of course Remco

Comment

Working...
            X