Glass alpha problem - no solution ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your replies!

The glass windows or not 1-plane objects.

I´m not sure how to check whether the windows have coplanar faces.
    Actually I don´t exactly know what this means ...

I´ve uploaded reduced scene for testing ...

http://www.pixel-sound.de/clients/do...ha_testing.zip

Thanks!

Comment

very strange.. I made a new glass material, used the select by material from the the material editor to select your glass objects and applied the new material... it worked... BUT, then i tried opening your scene, selecting the glass objects and just re-applying your own glass material, and that worked too!

So basically, no idea what you did wrong, but try just re-applying the material to the objects!
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Although your active material in the material in the material editor, "Glass_Fenster", looks like it's at the top level it's actually the base material of a VrayMtlWrapper (they're both named the same). You can tell this by eyedropping the material from the glass. In the wrapper the alpha is set to -1 which blacks out anything behind it. Just remove the wrapper (drag the base material map up to an empty slot) and reapply it.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
          Although your active material in the material in the material editor, "Glass_Fenster", looks like it's at the top level it's actually the base material of a VrayMtlWrapper (they're both named the same). You can tell this by eyedropping the material from the glass. In the wrapper the alpha is set to -1 which blacks out anything behind it. Just remove the wrapper (drag the base material map up to an empty slot) and reapply it.
          Heh, had this solved with one post and less than 1 hr of trouble
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

queue little pink embarrassed smiley

Comment

Wow, thanks a million times!

It strangely works with just copying the material to another slot and then re-assigning it to the glass objects again.

I couldn´t see any material wrapper, but well, it works now and I´m happy.

Thanks to everyone for spending the time ... I really appreciate all your help!

Best,
              Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelsonic View Post
                It strangely works with just copying the material to another slot and then re-assigning it to the glass objects again.

I couldn´t see any material wrapper, but well, it works now and I´m happy.
                Nothing strange about it. You had a material in the material editor that was instanced into a wrapper material. Reassigning it to the glass just forced it to assign just the base material and not the wrapper along with it. Glad it's working for you now.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I wish AutoDesk would buy NodeJoe and integrate it into Max 10.5. It would clarify so many of these types of problems.

Comment

yes, if you really want to terminate NJ dev, so, let Autodesk to buy it
                    I'm just crossing my fingers about Polyboost/Graphite tools
                    Alessandro

Comment

Working...
                    X