Rendering much brighter/loosing detail from a saved ir map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering much brighter/loosing detail from a saved ir map

Title says it all really - i'm working on an animation and if I render a single frame as is, it comes out with lots of contrast and depth etc.

But if i render the IR map and LC (as flythrough) first, save them, then render from those (no settings changed at all) it loses a lot of detail.
    Even when I changed the IR map from medium 50/30 to high 120/60, still loses an awful lot of detail.

I've attached an image to show what I mean, sorry its a small crop but you can see what I mean on the white panel under the computers directly in from of the camera. It's much worse in other parts of the scene too, goes flat as anything and all my depth under objects is lost. I can work with it, but i'd like my renders to be somewhat consistent.

I guess it's because the LC is on flythrough mode and it's just smearing light everywhere, but I dont know what settings I need to stop this or why my irradiance map seems to make no difference.

Ir map i've tried medium 50/30, high 120/60
    Lc 2200 (also tried 1000), tried world and screen mapping as well as fixed and nearest filter modes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update: this has nothing to do with animation modes.

It's doing it on my final renders. In an area which was nearly white but still with some shading near my roof, it's now completley blown out.

Do the IR map with the render, fine. Do the irmap/lc, save it, render from file, image is now blown out. No settings changed at all between the two, the only difference is the saving of light maps.

Any ideas? This is pretty shit.
    Last edited by Neilg; 06-03-2009, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Apparently you can use the "use camera path" option for LC in SP3 rather than flythrough, or so it seems. Otherwise, you could strip the scene down to its basics (walls, sun, camera, vray settings) and I could investigate!

dukecg at gmail dot com

Comment

have you tried setting LC to single frame and 'burning' secondary illumination into the IR map? Tried it a few times and it worked fine for me, just set secondary to 'none' when rendering the final frames. Not a good idea though apparently if you want to use light cache for speeding up glossies.

Comment

Working...
        X