EnvironmentFog Bugs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnvironmentFog Bugs....

I think I found a couple of minor bugs in the VRayEnvironmentFog when using multiple effects.

All fogs listed above an entry that uses just the fog height appear to be ignored. For example, say you have three fogs in the list: -top- Env1(using fog height), Gizmo1, Gizmo2, and Env2(using fog height) -bottom-. In this example, the only fog visible in the render would be Env2. If you moved up Env2 to the next slot now the render will show Env2 and Gizmo2 but now the Env2 fog shows up much different from the first render (it looks like the fog distance is getting increased a lot). Moving Env2 up one more time puts it above gizmo1 and now both gizmo fogs render along with the incorrect version of Env2. Moving Env2 up one more time puts it at the top of the stack and the rendering no longer shows Env2 at all but shows both gizmo fogs along with an incorrect version of Env1.

In short I think the problem is related to multiple fogs that use just the fog height since using multiple fogs that have gizmos seem to combine just fine.

Tested on Max9x64. Let me know if you need the scene.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Multiple fog effects will not blend properly in 3d; they will just be layered on top of one another, similar to how other atmospheric effects work. We can implement proper blending, of course, but at the expense of some render speed.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I was just playing around with two EnvironmentFog elements in sp4 and noticed that each looks good separately but together they behave odd. I am guessing it's related to this?

Would it be possible to have a toggle to allow for longer renders but have each fog element render as it does alone for when you need this and can afford the extra render time?
      t1t4
      www.boring3d.com

Comment

Would it be possible to have a toggle to allow for longer renders but have each fog element render as it does alone for when you need this and can afford the extra render time?
        I second this.
        http://henrikbclausen.com

Comment

Each fog is rendered separately and then they are added together. There was a problem with the alpha channel there though, which I've corrected already for the next update.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

A checkbox in the fog settings for proper blending on/off would be nice

Comment

Working...
            X