Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraymesh importmesh option

Hi there,

Couple of things. Firstly, sometimes this import mesh takes ages to do..more than 10 mins for a single tree mesh. Also, the spot3d docs for vraymesh need to be updated..they still dont include the new import mesh option.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
    Firstly, sometimes this import mesh takes ages to do..more than 10 mins for a single tree mesh. .
    Vlado suggested unchecking "Weld vertices in result" under the import options and it speeds it up dramatically.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ok thanks for that. Just wondering why that option is there ? Does converting the mesh to a vrayproxy de-weld vertices or change the original mesh ? Also, should this option be set to off by default instead of on ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

During a .vrmesh file export, V-Ray may split the original mesh in smaller chunks that can be loaded independently of one another. This may cause some vertices to be duplicated in more than one chunk. Checking this option will cause V-Ray to perform a weld operation after the mesh is imported, so that split vertices are merged.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok cheers. Good to know.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
          X