3ds max crash on STOP RENDER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max crash on STOP RENDER

This is something new sine i upgraded to sp3... max 9 64bit tends to crash when pressing stop render. this happens in more then on file and at a very high rate...

didn't pin point any specific element in scene that might cause this and for the same scene it might crash or not, it is not constant.
    sigpic

This is happening to me also. Max2009 x64 Vray 1.5 SP3. I will report back if SP3a solves the problem.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

Comment

This was supposed to be fixed with SP3a. If you are still getting the issue with it, please let me know.

[EDIT] The problem was there for previous versions of V-Ray also (SP1, SP2) but for some reason did not cause a crash.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado, this crash has recently been affecting me on a scene I just started working on today. It appears to only happens if I stop the render after the light cache has finished. I'll keep working and see if I can narrow the crash down to any other factors.

Max 2008 64bit, Vray 1.5sp3.

The crash is a clean crash (i.e. no box asking me if I'd like to save an autorecover file, it just crashes to the windows desktop and produces a 3ds max error reporting window.

I've used sp3 on several files so far but this is the first file I've had it occur on.

Cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Is SP3a available on the download site? I'll need to speak to our IT guys to see if we can get it installed. I wasn't aware a new version was available.

Comment

Yep, it is on the site.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X