SP3a DR not Rendering final images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP3a DR not Rendering final images

SP3a DR is not rendering final images for me.

I have a scene that works fine locally. All the systems have an identical setup with latest plugin. When I try to render with SP3 the scene transfers than it just hangs - it says it's rendering but the bars are stuck at 99%.

I've tried the scene over and over again to see if there is something I did wrong or differently but I keep getting the same results.

My method is to usually save out a lightmap locally, then work from file. (works fine)
    Create an IRmap. (works fine - all machines participate)
    Then render final from IRmap with the lightmap turned off. (loads then hangs)

I didn't have any problems with SP2 and rendering DR.

I just tried Brute Force + LC and it works fine. It takes a while to load however. The progress window says 'Rendering image' at 99% on the bar then appears to sit for a couple of minutes. After waiting, it starts to render.
    Running XP Pro x64 2009 on all machines.
    Last edited by jujubee; 16-04-2009, 09:43 PM.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Edit: It may just be taking a REALLY long time to load up the Irradiance Map. I'll have to test this out later when I have a free moment...

Comment

Ok, let me know what happens. We've tested DR many times with SP3a without significant issues over here.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I think the scene I had was taking too long to pull all my saved maps from my NAS. I transferred all the files locally on each machine and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks Vlado.

Comment

I have had the same problem with a setup that worked just fine in SP2 and bad in SP3/SP3a

I had to return to SP2 until Chaos finds the solution although Vlado said he could not reproduce the problem.

NIR
          3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Working...
          X