Motion blur accelerator causes crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion blur accelerator causes crash

Hi! I am trying to render a scene with max2009 and Vray SP3a and Camera Motion Blur with 12 subdivs and 3 geometry samples. When Vray needs to calculate a lot of mblur in a frame (due to fast movements of my character), it crashes while doing the motion blur accelerator building processes. After the progress bar in the Rendering Progress Window is completely filled, 3dsmax still shows up the time of the mb-building process. The frames containing not so fast movements render fine. First I thought it's a memory related issue, but even on a 8-core machine with 10GB RAM 3dsmax crashes.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Tobi
    Last edited by tobihofer; 21-04-2009, 05:39 AM.

Is it a static scene? It might be worth gradually hiding objects until you can narrow it down to something - this is the type of thing you'd sometimes get rendering pflow where the vertex count of an object might change in a shot - there might be one badly modelled object causing an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tobihofer View Post
      Hi! I am trying to render a scene with max2009 and Vray SP3a and Camera Motion Blur with 12 subdivs and 3 geometry samples. When Vray needs to calculate a lot of mblur in a frame (due to fast movements of my character), it crashes while doing the motion blur accelerator building processes. After the progress bar in the Rendering Progress Window is completely filled, 3dsmax still shows up The frames containing not so fast movements render fine. First I thought it's a memory related issue, but even on a 8-core machine with 10GB RAM 3dsmax crashes.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Tobi
      You can try to switch the default geometry type to "Dynamic" and see if the issue is still there. In any case, I would like to take a look at the scene, if possible.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        You can try to switch the default geometry type to "Dynamic" and see if the issue is still there. In any case, I would like to take a look at the scene, if possible.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Hi Vlado!

Thank you very much, it works now. But, I still have a problem with all my scenes, they don't render on my Computers with 2 GB RAM, they run out of memory even if I don't use too large textures.
        I can send the file to you, just tell me to which email-adress.

Best regards

Tobi

Comment

Just as another point, if you've got issues on 2gb machines I found that max would crash at around the 1.6 gigs of memory stage - if you try using the /3gb switch in windows it'll let max get slightly past this point and might get you through. Of course more ram and 64 bit is the best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by tobihofer View Post
            Hi Vlado!

Thank you very much, it works now. But, I still have a problem with all my scenes, they don't render on my Computers with 2 GB RAM, they run out of memory even if I don't use too large textures.
            I can send the file to you, just tell me to which email-adress.

Best regards

Tobi
            You can send them to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X