Lightcash locking up at end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightcash locking up at end.

I have noticed since I have upgraded to SP3 and SP3a that the Lightcash can lock up when it gets to the end. This is happening when I am using the vray region render in Frame Buffer. Un-usually I am able to cancel, and use Studio Max but the Rendering progress window wont close. Saving corrupts the file, including Autobackup files. The file is light on poly's, not very complex. It seems to be related to displacement as it always happens after I have made a change to the postion of an object which uses it, simple thing's like that. Before a change its rendering fine and after, blam. Lock up. Cancelling a render can sometimes lead to the same problem. I have lost hours over time since this problem started.

So to reiterate. I do think this is related to Displaced objects.

Region Render fine
    Make a very simple change, move an object or something as simple
    Re-Render same region
    Lock up at end or during Lightcash.

Daniel

Studio Max 2009 64 / Vray 1.5 SP3a / Vista 64 Business / x2 Intel 1.8Ghz E5320 / 8Gb / Tyan i5000XT / Nvida 8800GTS 512Mb / Velcoraptor 10,000rpm / Apple 30'' / Dell 2009W
    Last edited by danieljhatton; 28-04-2009, 05:22 AM.
    Daniel

www.danieljhatton.com

If you can get me a scene where I can reproduce this to vlado@chaosgroup.com it will be very helpful to fix the problem.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X