Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 core amd vs 8 core amd machine

hi all
    got som render time problems with "new" 4 x quad core (2,2 ghz ) machine it seems to bring the same render times like with 4 x dual core (2,4 ghz ) machine before .....
    where might my problem to be ??

coz when i did maxwell bench it scaled very well with "new" machine but vray cant do the same miracle .....

nevermind...
    Last edited by Morne; 03-05-2009, 03:49 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Janosik View Post
      hi all
      got som render time problems with "new" 4 x quad core (2,2 ghz ) machine it seems to bring the same render times like with 4 x dual core (2,4 ghz ) machine before .....
      where might my problem to be ??

coz when i did maxwell bench it scaled very well with "new" machine but vray cant do the same miracle .....
      I'd say it is very scene dependent; some algorithms used by V-Ray (e.g. the irradiance map, dynamic geometry like proxies) require a certain amount of synchronization between threads, which may become a problem with a lot of cores. Simpler algorithms (brute-force GI, "static" default geometry) will typically multithread better.

Also, there are parts of the calculations that do not depend on V-Ray (e.g. all the textures, including bitmaps are handled by 3ds Max), and these may have multithreading issues too.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

in such case its best to run comparison from standalones, excluding the other software all together.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

one vray scene is faster and second the same time like previous machine , as vlado said i will do my renders with that limitations in my mind

but i can post here bench in cinemabench if you want no ofense but cinemabench is world benching tool .....

Comment

Working...
          X