No announcement yet.

White spots with vraylight+refractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works I don't really understand yet why "Invisible" does not remove the light visible in reflections... however, it does remove the light in refractions... uhm.... makes me a headache... Can you tell me the sense? Maybe I just don't understand yet.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

I believe the invisible option is just visible to camera or not, much like the Max object property. It's a handy cheat because it is not uncommon to want to have your lightsource show up in reflections and refractions etc, but not want it visible to camera because your lighting setup requires the light to be right in the middle of your scene.

I'd suggest you do some digging around online for a couple of tutorials about lighting glass and that should take care of the rest of your problems, but if you want to keep going with your current setup you can look at duplicating your vray light, set the duplicate to a very low power and have it affect reflections/specular and it will give you separate control of your highlights from the direct illumination (which will come from the one not affecting reflections).

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Basically I was just introducing myself to vray and it was just odd that I face such problems I don't know from other renderers. All in all it was a matter of checking the right checkboxes. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

No worries. Lots of boxes to check, that's for sure

You would run into this same issue with any lighting setup that had realistic light falloff, it would not matter which render engine you were working in. Only 'fake' lights would avoid it, at least IMO.

b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
          e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
          X