VFB Region render resolution issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Region render resolution issue

I've done a search but I can't find anyone else who's posted this, so apologies if it's been covered.

When using the region feature of the VFB, changing the resolution down & re-rendering causes a crash.

For example, put a sphere in a scene, enable GI (Irr map/light cache), render a region in the VFB at 4000x3000 - everything fine. Change the resolution to 1000x750 & hit render- V-Ray has an unhandled exception. It seems to me that the region is the problem, but it's frustrating as you can't bring up the VFB to turn it off until you've rendered the scene.

Any thoughts?

Working in Max 2010 with V-Ray 1.50.SP3a
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

Hey AJ,

Ive been finding this too, i guess its a matter of the region being bigger than the resolution of the new buffer?

When i do a smaller render after doing a region of a bigger one i have to view last frame buffer then turn off the region before i render again.

Would be nice if the region was reset when the resolution is changed to prevent this, or maybe even rescaled too, though i have no idea of the feasibilty of doing this
    Last edited by Gander0; 16-05-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

happened to me too.

i suspect, the region render crashes, because the pixel coordinates become float (like 1333.333) instead of integer (2000).

the values should be rounded to prevent that. should be a small bug to fix.
      Marc Lorenz
      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
      www.marclorenz.com
      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
      X