keep losing vray licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep losing vray licence

i keep losing the vray licence then have to keep restarting max.
    Attached Files

I get the same on a dell xps 720 - try using a different usb port on your computer and see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by savio alvares View Post
      i keep losing the vray licence then have to keep restarting max.
      Which V-Ray version are you using? Also is your license server running on the same machine?

Anyways, there are two things to try: you can try restarting the license server or move the dongle to a different USB port and see if it helps.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

and you don't need to restart max, you just need to close/reopen the render dialog
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

I am using v-ray adv 1.50 sp3a.
          Yes the license server is running on the same systtem.
          I keep losing the license when i cancel the rendering during lc calculation.
          Thanks

Comment

Ok then; can you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com; I'll explain how to obtain the log information from the license server, which hopefully will give us some more info about the problem.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi,

maybe you have the same problem as I had and I solved it.

I had the VRay dongle put into the usb port of my dell monitor and each time I turned off the monitor and came back after some time, the licence could not be found and rendering had crashed.
              The problem is: turning off the monitor also turns off the usb port of the monitor and this makes VRay loose its licence.

Maybe this helps you or someone else. Would be great to have a fix for that, because I only have those two usb ports free at the front of my dell precision t7400 and the dongle is stickung out and this sucks...
              zwischendrin.com - HDRI panoramas, HD textures, stock images, SFX and more

Comment

Working...
              X