Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with matte objects

Hi,
    I just used the to render a scene, and now all these objects (that were made matte for rendering) have flat colors, no materials on them. I mean in perspective view. I already unchecked matte for them but they are still this way. Is this a vray bug?
    www.hrvojedesign.com

No one knows the answer or this hasn't happen to anyone?

It's really weird and I can't play with textures now, none of my objects show them in the perspective view port. Please help
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Did You try to turn on this option [check screeshot] in material editor? It needs to be turned on for each material and submaterial. It has nothing to do with v-ray though, it's max function, purely for viewport.
      Attached Files

Comment

nope, haven't experienced this myself, but I doubt it's vray bug of any kind. checking and unchecking matte, or any other vray properties for that matter, has no effect whatsoever on max's viewports.

Comment

Uplink - yes of course.

Hm, but this happened exactly after I made my objects matte. Will test more then
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

You guys are right, since I've never used mattes before and that happened then, I assumed it was that, it's not, just tested on a new scene.

What else could I have done to do this? This never happened before, all models are now clay like, no textures or shaders, they look like objects that are just created, but when I render, they render with materials.
            www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Unbelievable, I found it! I checked all of the view port options, and then under configure, but it was under "hide" toolbar - display color. Never used nor looked at that, but somehow it was changed, I guess I hit some hot key lol. Everything ok now.
              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

well, that's good. glad you sorted it, I know by first hand experience these kind of things can drive people crazy

Comment

Working...
                X