crazy colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy colors

I was asked to make a few revisions to a rendering I completed a couple months back. But now, I am getting some freaky unexpected colors in the rendering, that were not there before. I even opened my last unchanged scene file and am getting the problem, so it is really driving me crazy. My color mapping is probably not helping, since I am using exponential with dark 1, and bright at 6. I have sub-pixel mapping and clamp output turned on.

But really, I have no idea why this was not a problem the last time I was working in the scene, and now its giving me this. Here is a crop. The background is a bitmap, but its getting messed up too. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    Attached Files
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

looks to me like you have "force color clamping" off. What are you saving the file as?

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
      looks to me like you have "force color clamping" off. What are you saving the file as?
      I hadn't even gotten around to saving any images yet since its such garbage. That was a print screen of the vfb. Where is the 'force color clamping' option?

I just merged everthing into a brand new scene, and am manually resetting all the vray and environment settings. I just did a test render and have not seen any of the bad colors, so I'm hoping that my problems will be over.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

It's the second button from the left on the VFB.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

AHHH!! That was it! Not sure how or why I unchecked that. Well I've just spent about 4 hours on this, but at least its solved.

Thanks guys.
          Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

yeah that does look like classic clamping.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
            X