Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water and vraysky reflection

Hi,
    I had to move my vraysky to vray environment because I needed my MAX background black (otherwise I got white edges in composite). But now, my reflections don't see vraysky. Shouldn't it be visible? Even though I have black background? Any way around it?

Also, when using render element caustics, since my caustics is underwater, bottom of the swimming pool, it's shown black, not visible through water. How to fix that? Of course it's visible in the normal render, but not in a separate element.

thx
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Just need to put it into the reflection override too! On the caustic side of things I reckon Vray isn't able to understand transparency so it's seeing your water surface as a solid object which is blocking out the caustics inside / behind it. It's kind of similar to the problem you get trying to make a depth channel for something with glass in front of it - vray sees the glass object before it sees the object behind it and there's no way to save out two different depth values in one pixel. You might have to do a separate render for the caustics on black and comp them after.
    Last edited by joconnell; 15-07-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Wow, that was blind of me. I see the refl/refr now lol. Thanks!!

I see what you mean, yes, z-depth also can't see through transparency, though I believe other things like caustics, should be fixed to "see". Or are there reasons not to for this?
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
        I see what you mean, yes, z-depth also can't see through transparency,
        actually all elements work with transparency since the last sp. in the refraction properties of the vray mat there's an affect channels pulldown menu, set that to all channels and transparency will be taken into account for all elements. it may help with your caustic problem too.

Comment

Rivoli, I just saw that like an hour ago, rendering now, will see if it works. It should I guess.

Thanks
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
          X