aghhh, am at breaking point XP64 VRAY mat lib so F^% slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers Sea2stars,
    thats pretty much same as what I now have ("quadcore1" replaces "nibbler" and a different ip.
    During the day i uninstalled Kasperski - made no difference,
    Chaos people, any ideas??????
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Have you tried moving the dongle to a different USB port or to a different machine altogether? If yes, and you still have issues, we will need the log from the license server. You can either email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com or to vray@chaosgroup.com and I'll explain how to do that. If the log is ok, then it may be that the dongle needs replacing.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
        I moved it to another port yesterday but will try moving it to a different machine tomorrow,
        initially I thought it was a network issue but if I create scene on the xp64 macine and use all local maps etc it is still an issue, I work on it tomorow,
        T
        Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

here's a thought - do you use the MAX.vray default's profile thing?

Comment

Wasnt this a problem with the first release of 1.5? I remember suffering it for a little while and a new version of vray fixed it regardless i've always had the dongle on the local machine.

or maybe it was the way you specified the licence server? by name and not ip?
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X