Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blotchy renders issue

Hi all,

I've read several posts relating to blotchy renders and tried all the suggestions to solve the problem but in this case nothing is working. I've changed the Hsph subdivs/interp samples/min & max rates/Global subs multiplier/light's subds/material's subs/interpolation types & sample look ups and nothing is making any difference.

Is there anything I am missing or should be looking at changing in my scene to get a smooth render?
    Attached Files
    Is it penry....the mild mannered janitor?

What does the material look like? It looks like the material and mapping is that way rather than blochiness from low settings.

Comment

Blotchy render issue

It's a simple Vray material with a diffuse colour & low reflection-not rocket science. I have similar materials in the scene which have rendered perfectly but on the cornice it doesn't want to play ball.
      Attached Files

Comment

Complanar faces?

Just a shot in the dark:

It seems to me like complanar faces, especially because the problem occurs only a this specific object - maybe the object is twice in the scene matching complanar or any modifier did cloning by accident?

Had something similar and that was the reason.

Comment

Nope to coplanar

I've just remodelled the cornice and rendered with similar results.

Nice try but no cigar!

Comment

Test with material override

Test with grey-material override to spot if the material is the problem...

Comment

Just a guess, but I've had issues with noise on sweeps with little or no segments. If that is the case for you add more vertical segments, and try that.

Comment

ahhhh!

Originally posted by TheMulf View Post
                Just a guess, but I've had issues with noise on sweeps with little or no segments. If that is the case for you add more vertical segments, and try that.
                Just modelled the cornice up again but doubled the faces and voila!

Many thanks everyone.....problem solved!

Comment

Working...
                X