Motion blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion blur

I'm using a physical camera in an animation, I don't want to use motion blur on the entire scene just on specific objects. From what I understand about the physical camera you either have motion blur on or off there's no way to include or exclude elements from it. Do I have it wrong, is there a way to target certain elements to receive more/less or no motion blur using a physical cam?

Originally posted by devin View Post
    I'm using a physical camera in an animation, I don't want to use motion blur on the entire scene just on specific objects. From what I understand about the physical camera you either have motion blur on or off there's no way to include or exclude elements from it. Do I have it wrong, is there a way to target certain elements to receive more/less or no motion blur using a physical cam?
    i believe so. if you open vray object properties there should be an option to exclude objects from motion blur.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
      You can turn motion blur off for an object by setting its "Geometry samples" parameter to 1 from the V-Ray object properties dialog.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I find this a little bit confusing
        If select an objects vray properties and change the motion blur samples
        directly above this box is Use default motion blur samples

The help file says
        Use default moblur samples - when this checkbox is selected, the Geometry Samples value will be taken from the global Motion blur roll-out

So with Default moblur samples ticked the Motion blur samples does.......... nothing? (in which case should be ghosted out to avoid confusion)

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
          So with Default moblur samples ticked the Motion blur samples does.......... nothing? (in which case should be ghosted out to avoid confusion)
          This is correct, yes.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Thanks guy's this helps!

Comment

Turning off Motion with Objects...Cameras

I was wondering why I was still getting blur after I turned the geometry samples to 1 and I realized that my camera was moving. I assume there is not way to get an object to not have motion blur when the camera is moving?
              (Ill have to split it into 2 passes I guess)
              Fred

Comment

No, since in this case the blur is done when rays are shot from camera, before they even hit any scene object.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

May I suggest some workaround?

Maybe you could more easily optimize your scene by rendering different pass. At least one for the motion blurred objects and one for the non motion blurred objects.

Did you try to add the motion blur in comp with Real Smart motion blur? It's so faster and it works so well on 90% of the shots in general.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
                  Little Antman
                  See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
                  Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Working...
                  X